is this worth working on?
MIGRATION ORIGINAL: 12/25/2018
Here’s a set of questions I ask myself as the last bar for whether something’s worth working on or not (in terms of a business). I think you can contextually manipulate this to work for anything, though I leave that exercise to the reader.
Questions to Answer: #
- Why is this truly valuable? (hard != valuable) have you spoken to people in your target audience and confirmed that this is something they actually want?
- Why are you uniquely qualified to work on this? - founder/product fit
- What special insight are you applying that no one else has figured out? (“secret”/hidden truth) - fundamental understanding of space and why current alternatives stray from truth
- How is this defensible? what barriers have prevented attempts in the past from succeeding that you’re overcoming?
- What do you see as the realistic best case outcome? what would you need to get there? how will you acquire what you need?
- Is this something we’re passionate and obsessed about enough to want to work on for 3+ years (to reasonably expect return)
Hugely inspired by sachin and naval